- Forty-fourth President (2009-2017)
- Birthday: August 4, 1961 (Friday)
- Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Religion: Christian
- Party: Democrat
Barack Obama Offices Held
- US Senator from Illinois (2005-2008)
- Member of Illinois State Senate (1997-2004)
Barack Obama Nicknames
- No Drama Obama
- The Imperial President
Barack Obama Pets
- Dogs (Bo and Sunny)
Barack Obama Personal Traits
- Height: 6 feet – 1 inches
Barack Obama Quotes
Yes we can!
You're likeable enough Hillary. (to Hillary Clinton during a campaign debate)
Change has come to America.
The fact that my 15 minutes of fame has extended a little longer than 15 minutes is somewhat surprising to me and completely baffling to my wife.
If you're looking for the safe choice, you shouldn't be supporting a black guy named Barack Obama to be the next leader of the free world.
The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on.
What Washington needs is adult supervision.
I will cut taxes - cut taxes - for 95 percent of all working families, because, in an economy like this, the last thing we should do is raise taxes on the middle class.
Why can't I just eat my waffle?
I just miss - I miss being anonymous.
I just want to go through Central Park and watch folks passing by. Spend the whole day watching people. I miss that.
I think perhaps education doesn't do us much good unless it is mixed with sweat.
I wish the country had fewer lawyers and more engineers.
Scientists and engineers ought to stand side by side with athletes and entertainers as role models.
I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody.
I found this national debt, doubled, wrapped in a big bow waiting for me as I stepped into the Oval Office.
Even when folks are hitting you over the head, you can't stop marching. Even when they're turning the hoses on you, you can't stop.
If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress.
A lot of shelter dogs are mutts like me.
Barack Obama Timeline – Family
- January 2, 1935 Lolo Mangunharjo (or Mangundikardjo) Soetoro (Step-Father) born in Bandung, West Java, Dutch East Indies.
- June 18, 1936 Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. (Father) born in Rachuonyo District, Kenya Colony (part of the British Empire).
- November 29, 1942 Stanley Ann Dunham (Mother) born in Wichita, Kansas.
- 1958 Malik Obama (Half-Brother) born to Father’s first wife Kezia Grace.
- 1960 Auma Obama (Half-Sister) born to Father’s first wife Kezia Grace.
- February 2, 1961 Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. (Father) marries Stanley Ann Dunham (Mother), his second wife.
- August 4, 1961 Barack Hussein Obama II born in Honolulu, Hawaii at Kapi’olani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital.
- 1964 Stanley Ann Dunham (Mother) divorces Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. (Father).
- January 17, 1964 Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama (Wife) born in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1965 Mark Ndesandjo (Half-Brother) born to Father’s third wife Ruth Nidesand.
- March 15, 1965 Lolo Mangunharjo (or Mangundikardjo) Soetoro (Step-Father) marries Stanley Ann Dunham (Mother).
- 1968 David Ndesandjo (Half-Brother) born to Father’s third wife Ruth Nidesand.
- 1968 Abo “Samson” Obama (Half-Brother) born to Father’s first wife Kezia Grace.
- 1970 Bernard Obama (Half-Brother) born to Father’s first wife Kezia Grace.
- August 15, 1970 Mayo Kassandra Soetoro Ng (Half-Sister) born in Jakarta, Indonesia to Stanley Ann Dunham (Mother).
- November 6, 1980 Lolo Mangunharjo (or Mangundikardjo) Soetoro (Step-Father) and Stanley Ann Dunham (Mother) divorce.
- 1982 George Obama (Half-Brother) born to Father’s fourth wife Jael Otieno.
- November 24, 1982 Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. (Father) dies in Nairobi, Kenya.
- 1987 David Ndesandjo (Half-Brother) dies.
- October 3, 1992 Barack Hussein Obama II and Michelle LaVaughn Robinson (Wife) marry at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, Illinois.
- November 7, 1995 Stanley Ann Dunham (Mother) dies in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- July 4, 1998 Malia Ann Obama (Daughter) born in Chicago, Illinois.
- June 10, 2001 Natasha “Sasha” Obama (Daughter) born in Chicago, Illinois.
Barack Obama Links
Barack Obama Blogs
“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10 KJVRead More
Barry was a man with a very interesting background. Barry seemed to be searching for something and that something seemed to be an identity. Our Bible character, much like many of the other “religious” Bible characters before him, had to be reminded by God that a mind wasn’t the only thing that needed to be touched by “religion.” If your heart isn’t in the right place, all the rules in the world aren’t going to help you get closer to God. Life had brought me to this moment. All the intersections I had crossed lead to where I stood at that moment.
Presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, both Bushes, Clinton and Obama. This is a list of how I think I am like them.Read More
- “And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.” Luke 24:51 KJV
I looked around the room and saw all the historic pictures of this establishment over the years. I’m not sure which is harder: having someone close to you slip out of your life or having someone close to you slip out of your life, only to return and then slip out of your life again.Read More