- Forty-second (1993-2001)
- Birthday: August 19, 1946 (Monday)
- Birthplace: Hope, Arkansas
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Religion: Baptist
- Party: Democrat
Bill Clinton Offices Held
- Governor of Arkansas (1983-1992, 1979-1981)
- Attorney General of Arkansas (1977-1981)
Bill Clinton Nicknames
- Slick Willie
- Comeback Kid
- The Big Dog
- The First Black President
Bill Clinton Pets
- Cat (named Socks)
- Dog (named Buddy)
Bill Clinton Personal Traits
- Height: 6 feet – 2 inches
Bill Clinton Quotes
There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.
We cannot build our own future without helping others build theirs.
Sometimes I feel like a fire hydrant looking at a pack of dogs.
The purpose of politics is to give people tools to make the most of their lives.
Promising too much can be as cruel as caring too little.
Being president is like running a cemetery: you've got a lot of people under you and nobody's listening.
Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.
A lot of presidential memoirs, they say, are dull and self-serving. I hope mine is interesting and self-serving.
We must teach our children to resolve their conflicts with words, not weapons.
I may not have been the greatest president, but I've had the most fun eight years.
Just as war is freedom's cost, disagreement is freedom's privilege.
The best social program is a good job.
Pessimism is an excuse for not trying and a guarantee to a personal failure.
Character is a journey, not a destination.
If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit.
Success is not the measure of a man but a triumph over those who choose to hold him back.
When our memories outweigh our dreams, we have grown old.
If you want to live like a Republican, vote like a Democrat.
The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change.
By lifting the weakest, poorest among us, we lift the rest of us as well.
Bill Clinton Timeline – Family
- July 25, 1908 Roger Clinton, Sr. (Step-Father) born in Yell County, Arkansas.
- 1916 or 1917 Richard Kelley (Step-Father) born.
- February 27, 1918 William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father) born in Sherman, Texas.
- January 6, 1923 Virginia Dell Cassidy Blythe Clinton Dwire Kelley (Mother) born in Bodcaw, Arkansas.
- 1935 William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father) marries Virginia Adele Gash (Step-Mother).
- 1936 William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father) divorces Virginia Adele Gash (Step-Mother).
- January 17, 1938 Henry Leon Ritzenhaler William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father’s Son & Bill Clinton’s Step-Brother) born.
- December 29, 1940 William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father) marries Minnie (Virginia’s sister) Faye Gash (Step-Mother).
- April 1941 William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father) and Minnie (Virginia’s sister) Faye Gash (Step-Mother) marriage is annulled.
- May 3, 1941 William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father) marries Wanetta Ellen Alexander (Step-Mother) in Kansas City, Missouri.
- May 11, 1941 Sharon Lee Pettijohn (Father’s Daughter & Bill Clinton’s Step-Sister) born.
- September 3, 1943 William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father) marries Virginia Dell Cassidy (Mother).
- April 13, 1944 William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father) divorces Wanetta Ellen Alexander (Step-Mother).
- May 17, 1946 William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father) dies in Sikeston, Missouri.
- August 19, 1946 William (Bill Clinton) Jefferson Blythe III born in Julia Chester Hospital in Hope, Arkansas.
- October 26, 1947 Hillary Rodham Clinton (Wife) born in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1950 Virginia Dell Cassidy Blythe (Mother) marries Roger Clinton, Sr. (Step-Father).
- January 25, 1956 Roger Clinton (Step-Brother) born in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- 1962 Virginia Dell Cassidy Blythe (Mother) divorces Roger Clinton, Sr. (Step-Father), they would remarry a few months later.
- November 8, 1967 Roger Clinton, Sr. (Step-Father) dies.
- 1969 Virginia Dell Cassidy Blythe Clinton (Mother) marries George Jefferson “Jeff” Dwire (Step-Father).
- 1974 George Jefferson “Jeff” Dwire (Step-Father) dies.
- October 11, 1975 William (Bill Clinton) Jefferson Blythe III marries Hillary Rodham (Wife) in their living room in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- February 27, 1980 Chelsea Victoria Clinton (Mezvinsky) (Daughter) born in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- January 17, 1982 Virginia Dell Cassidy Blythe Clinton Dwire (Mother) marries Richard Kelley (Step-Father).
- January 6, 1994 Virginia Dell Cassidy Blythe Clinton Dwire Kelley (Mother) dies in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- January 31, 2007 Richard Kelley (Step-Father) dies in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- January 12, 2009 Henry Leon Ritzenhaler William Jefferson Blythe, Jr. (Father’s Son & Bill Clinton’s Step-Brother) dies in Dermott, Arkansas.
Bill Clinton Links
Bill Clinton Blogs
“And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood….” Revelation 1:5 KJVRead More
As his first term as Governor came to a close, he decided to run for reelection. He was soundly defeated. As the father moved closer to the group, the brothers parted like a divided sea. Strange thing, I sure didn’t feel like a star.
Presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, both Bushes, Clinton and Obama. This is a list of how I think I am like them.Read More
- “And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.” Mark 2:2 KJV
I really didn’t want to do that so I stood there for a little longer hoping another option would come to me. Loneliness is an awful feeling.Read More
- “Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.” John 4:21 KJV
As I was heading down a country road this morning, I came across a farm. Everyone, loudly and proudly, without the words or sheet music, sang the first verse.Read More
God of our weary years,
God of our silent tears….
- “But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day’s journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.” Luke 2:44 KJV
Mystery solved.Read More
As the last limo pulled away and two men started rolling up the red carpet they realized they had been left behind.