- Forty-third President (2001-2009)
- Birthday: July 6, 1946 (Saturday)
- Birthplace: New Haven, Connecticut
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Religion: Methodist
- Party: Republican
George W Bush Offices Held
- Governor of Texas (1995-2000)
George W Bush Nicknames
- GW (Gee Dubya)
- Bush 43
- Bush the Younger
- Bush II
- Bush Jr.
- King George III
George W Bush Pets
- Dogs (some were named: Barney, Miss Beazley and Spot)
- Cats (some were named: India and Ernie)
- Cows (one was named Ofelia)
George W Bush Personal Traits
- Height: 5 feet – 11-1/2 inches
George W. Bush Quotes
I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon.
Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended.
Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.
They misunderestimated me.
Our nation must come together to unite.
Everywhere that freedom stirs, let tyrants fear.
I have written a book. This will come as quite a shock to some. They didn't think I could read, much less write.
I think the undecided could go one way or the other.
I've often thought that the process of aging could be slowed down if it had to go through Congress.
Do I think faith will be an important part of being a good president? Yes, I do.
You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.
It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.
They want the federal government controlling social security like it's some kind of federal program.
We will not waiver; we will not tire; we will not falter, and we will not fail. Peace and Freedom will prevail.
Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.
George W. Bush Timeline – Family
- June 12, 1924 George Herbert Walker Bush (Father) born in Milton, Massachusetts.
- June 8, 1925 Barbara Pierce Bush (Mother) born in New York City, New York.
- January 6, 1945 George Herbert Walker Bush (Father) marries Barbara Pierce (Mother) at First Presbyterian Church in Rye, New York.
- July 6, 1946 George Walker Bush born in New Haven, Connecticut.
- November 4, 1946 Laura Lane Welch Bush (Wife) born in Midland, Texas.
- December 20, 1949 Pauline Robinson “Robin” Bush (Sister) born in Compton, California.
- October 11, 1953 Pauline Robinson “Robin” Bush (Sister) dies in New York City, New York.
- February 11, 1953 John “Jeb” Ellis Bush (Brother) born in Midland, Texas.
- January 22, 1955 Neil Mallon Bush (Brother) born in Midland, Texas.
- October 22, 1956 Marvin Pierce Bush (Brother) born in Midland, Texas.
- August 18, 1959 Dorothy “Doro” Bush Koch (Sister) born in Harris County, Texas.
- November 5, 1977 George Walker Bush marries Laura Lane Welch (Wife) at United Methodist Church in Midland, Texas.
- November 25, 1981 Barbara Pierce Bush (Daughter) born in Dallas, Texas.
- November 25, 1981 Jenna Welch Bush Hager (Daughter) born in Dallas, Texas.
George W. Bush Links
George W. Bush Blogs
Presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, both Bushes, Clinton and Obama. This is a list of how I think I am like them.Read More
- “Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.” John 2:4 KJV
It was September 30, 1971 and our beloved Washington Senators played their last game at RFK Stadium. They would move to Arlington, Texas and become the Texas Rangers. This future President would say in his book, “I almost jumped out of my chair. Owning a baseball team would be a dream come true. I was determined to make it happen.”Read More