- Thirty-fifth President (1961-1963)
- Birthday: May 29, 1917 (Tuesday)
- Birthplace: Brookline, Massachusetts
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Date of Death: November 22, 1963 (Friday)
- Place of Death: Dallas, Texas
- Place of Burial: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia
- Cause of Death: Gunshot wound to the head
- Age: 46 years old
- Length of Retirement: Died in office
- Religion: Catholic
- Party: Democrat
John F. Kennedy Offices Held
- Senator from Massachusetts (1953-1960)
- House of Representatives from Massachusetts (1947-1953)
- US Navy (1941-1945)
John F. Kennedy Nicknames
- King of Camelot
- Little Blue Boy
- The Boss
John F. Kennedy Pets
- Dogs (some of the names: Charlie, Gaullie, Pushinka, Shannon, Wolf, Butterfly, White Tips, Blackie, Streaker, Shannon, and Clipper)
- Cat (named Tom Kitten)
- Birds (some of the names: Robin, Bluebell and Marybelle)
- Ponies (named Macaroni, Tex and Leprechaun)
- Hamsters (named Debbie and Billie)
- Rabbit (named Zsa Zsa)
- Horse (named Sardar)
John F. Kennedy Personal Traits
- Height: 6 feet – 0 inches
John F. Kennedy Quotes
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the earth.
The Constitution makes us not rivals for power but partners for progress.
...probably the greatest concentration of talent and genius in this house except for perhaps when Thomas Jefferson ate alone. (Describing a White House dinner for Nobel Prize winners)
Mothers may still want their sons to grow up to be President, but according to a famous Gallup poll some years ago, some 73 percent do not want them to become politicians in the process.
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
Let us never negotiate out of fear but let us never fear to negotiate.
The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.
John F. Kennedy Timeline – Family
- September 6, 1888 Joseph “Joe” Patrick Kennedy (Father) born in Boston, Massachusetts.
- July 22, 1890 Rose Elizabeth Fitzgerald Kennedy (Mother) born in Boston, Massachusetts.
- October 7, 1914 Joseph “Joe” Patrick Kennedy (Father) marries Rose Elizabeth Fitzgerald (Mother).
- January 20, 1906 Aristotle Socrates Onassis (Wife’s Second Husband) born in Smyma, Ottoman Empire.
- July 25, 1915 Joseph “Joe” Patrick Kennedy Jr. (Brother) born in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- May 29, 1917 John “Jack” Fitzgerald Kennedy born in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- September 13, 1918 Rose “Rosemary” Marie Kennedy (Sister) born in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- February 20, 1920 Kathleen “Kick” Agnes Kennedy Cavendish (Sister) born in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- July 10, 1921 Eunice Mary Kennedy Shriver (Sister) born in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- May 6, 1924 Patricia “Pat” Helen Kennedy Lawford (Sister) born in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- November 20, 1925 Robert “Bobby” Francis Kennedy (Brother) born in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- February 20, 1928 Jean Ann Kennedy Smith (Sister) born in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- July 28, 1929 Jacqueline “Jackie” Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis (Wife) born in Southampton, New York.
- February 22, 1932 Edward “Ted” Moore Kennedy (Brother) born in Boston, Massachusetts.
- August 12, 1944 Joseph Patrick Kennedy Jr. (Brother) died when his bomber blows up over the English Channel.
- May 13, 1948 Kathleen “Kick” Agnes Kennedy Cavendish (Sister) dies in Saint-Bauzile, France.
- September 12, 1953 John “Jack” Fitzgerald Kennedy marries Jacqueline “Jackie” Lee Bouvier (Wife) marry at St. Mary’s Church in Newport, Rhode Island.
- August 23, 1956 Arabella Kennedy (Daughter) stillborn in Newport, Rhode Island.
- November 27, 1957 Caroline Bouvier Kennedy (Schlossberg) (Daughter) born in New York City, New York.
- November 25, 1960 John “John-John or JFK Jr” Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr. (Son) born in Washington DC.
- August 7, 1963 Patrick Bouvier Kennedy (Son) born at Otis AIr Force Base, Bourne, Massachusetts.
- August 9, 1963 Patrick Bouvier Kennedy (Son) dies in Boston, Massachusetts.
- November 22, 1963 John “Jack” Fitzgerald Kennedy dies in Dallas, Texas.
- June 6, 1968 Robert “Bobby” Francis Kennedy (Brother) dies in Los Angeles, California.
- October 20, 1968 Jacqueline “Jackie” Lee Bouvier Kennedy (Wife) marries Aristotle Socrates Onassis (Wife’s Second Husband) at his private island in Skorpios, Greece.
- November 16, 1969 Joseph Patrick Kennedy (Father) dies.
- March 15, 1975 Aristotle Socrates Onassis (Wife’s Second Husband) dies in Nevilly-sur-Seine, France.
- May 19, 1994 Jacqueline “Jackie” Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis (Wife) dies in Manhattan, New York.
- January 22, 1995 Rose Elizabeth Fitzgerald Kennedy (Mother) dies in Hyannis, Massachusetts.
- July 16, 1999 John “John-John or JFK Jr” Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr. (Son) dies in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts.
- January 7, 2005 Rose “Rosemary” Marie Kennedy (Sister) dies in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin.
- September 17, 2006 Patricia “Pat” Helen Kennedy Lawford (Sister) dies in Manhattan, New York.
- August 11, 2009 Eunice Mary Kennedy Shriver (Sister) dies in Hyannis, Massachusetts.
- August 25, 2009 Edward “Ted” Moore Kennedy (Brother) dies in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts.
John F. Kennedy Links
John F. Kennedy Blogs
“Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.” I Corinthians 9:24 KJV
The legend has fallen! There was one very important trophy missing from his family heritage mantel: the Presidency. “I always said I would leave this stinking job if something better came along and now it has,” he said.Read More
Harding, Coolidge, Hoover, FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy and LBJ. These are the twenty-ninth through thirty-sixth Presidents. This is a list of how I think I am like them.Read More
- “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.” Galatians 5:1 KJV
In these 45 words they cover so much, like our rights to religious freedom and speech. I have faith that my God is strong enough that if there is only one faithful person left He can still burn the altar.Read More
- ““…And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” Job 1:21 KJV
The Navy had the perfect place for these rich, young kids. As he started to head for the shore, one of the crew expressed his fear that they wouldn’t make it. Personally, I’m thankfully for the hopeful souls….Read More
- “And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.” 2 Samuel 6:3 KJV
It’s probably not politically correct to even talk about Indians this way today, but it kept us busy for hours. Tecumseh was a Shawnee Indian warrior. Tenskwatawa, the Prophet, was his younger brother. How it really happens or if it really happened at all is often suspect.Read More
- “And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while.”Genesis 46:29 KJV
I almost feel cheated and I didn’t really even do anything to deserve it. Like most of the people I’ve talked to, we all seem a little disgusted about our government lately. Forget all the polls and the spin from those polls. I’m not madder at President Obama. I’m not madder at the Republicans. I’m not madder at the Democrats. Quite honestly, I’m equally mad at them all. In the latest government shutdown, I looked at my paycheck and they still took my taxes out. So, basically, I was paying for something I didn’t get.Read More